Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I thought emotional crises were for the young...

Had an interesting night last night. Both Steven and I were so stressed out about absolutely EVERYTHING that neither of us could sleep at all! We got to talking about a lot of interesting things and ideas. It helped.

Other than that, not much happened today. I had to process 34 friggin' bags yesterday that were to be shipped out east today! And not only that, but our delivery was late, so I didn't have anything to do for the more part of the morning. They keep saying "Keep busy", but it's kinda hard to do when you've done everything already.

I got this book by John Ringo called There Will Be Dragons, and aside from the language and slightly explicit behaviour of half the charaters, I really like it. One wish of mine that I've had for as long as I can remember was that I wanted to either ride a dragon, or be one. Mostly be one. In this book, that was not only possible, but there was an entire race of dragon-people, and you could change your physiology whenever and however you wanted to! The forty-first century sounds intriguing to say the least. Bast is priceless.

Easter is coming up this weekend, and because of that, I have Friday off. No deliveries till next week (YAY!). Hopefully Steven and I will be able to get away by ourselves for a day or two. Sigh. I haven't had a vacation since LAST spring. Neither has Steven. We could seriously use one right about now. We just need a vehicle . . .

Steven and I were hoping to get pregnant sometime soon after our first wedding anniversary, but that fell through the floor. Now, I'm kinda glad we don't have children yet, because we're both so worn out from trying to keep up with Steven's school and my work, that we would do a great disservice to any kids by ignoring them. I would never forgive myself if I did that to my kids. That was something I kinda learned on the sidelines of being raised by my parents: They may have had stuff that they needed to do, but if you had a question or needed a hug or ANYTHING, they were willing to drop ANYTHING and talk for a bit. Many (not all, but many) parents nowadays don't really do that much. Or so I've noticed, but that's me.

Well I'm tired now. Gonna go greet my husband and tell him I love him all over again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home